When performing the initial setup of Traveler on some Android devices, users might get locked out immediately due to recent security changes in Android.
For the issue to occur, a few conditions need to be met:
- configuring on an Android 8 or 9 device
- on the Traveler server side, have device level security enabled (require device password, wipe capability, …)
In order to solve the issue, a quick workaround is available:
- Open the Android Settings application and search on “device admin apps”
- Tap on the result to open the “device admin apps” settings screen
- Next, tap the IBM Verse Security entry and select Deactivate, to disable the IBM Verse device administrator temporarily.
- Tap the IBM Verse Security entry and select Activate.
In the meantime IBM is working on a fix for the Verse app.
Some Verse Android users are getting locked out during initial setup on Android 8 and Android 9 devices