On December 6th 2018, on the eve of Notes’ 29th anniversary, IBM announced the full take-over of Notes/Domino – along with Sametime, Traveler and a few other products – by HCL Technologies. The transaction is foreseen for mid-2019.
“We believe the time is right to divest these select collaboration, marketing and commerce software assets, which are increasingly delivered as stand-alone products. At the same time, we believe these products are a strong strategic fit for HCL, and that HCL is well positioned to drive innovation and growth for their customers.”
John Kelly, IBM senior vice president, Cognitive Solutions and Research
The list of involved products in the transaction are:
- Appscan for secure application development,
- BigFix for secure device management,
- Unica (on-premise) for marketing automation,
- Commerce (on-premise) for omni-channel eCommerce,
- Portal (on-premise) for digital experience,
- Notes & Domino (& Verse) for email and low-code rapid application development, and
- Connections for workstream collaboration.
HCL Technologies was already partnering since October 2017 with IBM for the release 10 of Notes/Domino. Up till now, marketing and support remained in the hands of IBM. HCL will take over all aspects around these products.